Use of Electronic Records
Security and Confidentiality
Uses of the Concordia ID Card and Electronic Records of Card Activity
Although use of the card throughout campus is expected to expand with time, it presently serves several primary purposes:
- To allow eligible members of the Concordia community access to certain campus facilities and services.
- As a meal card for student Dining Services.
- As a form of identification.
- As a debit card for purchases at the bookstore, vending machines, laundry facilities, copy machines, and copy center.
- As a library card for borrowing books and other materials from the campus library.
Electronic records of the transactions are kept in the CS Gold System, which is managed by the Card Systems Office. Library circulation records, however, are stored in independent electronic databases maintained by the CLIC system and the Concordia Library. This information is only used to maintain accounting and security records. At no time is information shared with other departments unless absolutely necessary.
The card remains the property of Concordia University, however, you are responsible for the use and security of your card. Concordia University, St. Paul is not reponsible for unauthorized activity on lost or stolen cards. If your card has been lost or stolen please contact the Security office immediatly to disable your card.