- The personal safety of students, faculty and staff is vital to the Concordia University. While Concordia University expects that individuals make a good faith effort to travel to campus during inclement weather conditions if the university is operating and does not declare an emergency closing, it is also important for individuals to use their own discretion in determining whether it is safe for them to travel to campus.
- On rare occasions when weather has been determined to pose a potential threat to the life or safety of students, staff, and faculty, the decision to close the university will be made using these guidelines:
- By 7:00 a.m. decisions regarding closing and cancellation or delay of day classes will be announced.
- By 11:00 am decisions regarding cancellation of afternoon classes will be announced.
- By 2:00 p.m. decisions regarding cancellation of face-to-face evening classes or University sponsored evening events will be announced.
- Notices regarding closings, cancellations or delays will be immediately posted on the Concordia University Campus Portal web page. This should be used as the primary resource for students, staff and faculty, since detailed information will be included in this location.
- The university will notify local media stations after posting on the campus portal. You will see these notices on KARE11, WCCO, and KSTP. We are unable to control how rapidly these external media sources update their announcements. So relay on the portal as your authoritative source on campus closure.
- All students, faculty and staff are signed up for Concordia Campus Alert. This system will automatically send an email and text message alerting to campus closures and emergencies.
Last modified: January 25, 2018