- Students who live in campus housing must notify the Residence Life Manager in charge of their residence hall when they have been hospitalized or undergone surgery during the academic year.
- Upon discharge from the hospital or surgery, students may not return to the campus residence unless they are able to perform all of their own self-care measures and can return to normal activities of daily living.
- Upon return to the campus residence following hospitalization or surgery, students must present documentation from their health care provider indicating their ability to perform self-care to the director of health services and appropriate campus housing official.
- The Residence Life Manager in charge of the student’s residence has the right to notify family members of a hospitalization when appropriate. If the student desires that his/her course instructors be informed of his/her absence, the Director of Advising may be asked to assist in this communication. Communication with Student Accessibility Services may also occur if students are needing accommodations (short- or long-term).
- Any students that would like assistance in notifying their professors should contact the Academic Advising Office.
Last modified: January 25, 2018