The personal safety of students, faculty and staff is vital to the Concordia University. While Concordia University expects that individuals make a good faith effort to travel to campus during inclement weather conditions if the university is operating and does not declare an emergency closing, it is also important for individuals to use their own discretion in determining whether it is safe for them to travel to campus.
- On rare occasions when weather has been determined to pose a potential threat to the life or safety of students, staff, and faculty, the decision to close the university will be made using these guidelines:
- By 7:00 a.m. decisions regarding closing and cancellation or delay of day classes will be made.
- By 11:00 am decisions regarding cancellation of afternoon classes will be made
- By 2:00 p.m. decisions regarding cancellation of face-to-face evening classes or University sponsored evening events will be made.
- Notices regarding closings, cancellations or delays will be immediately posted on the Concordia University Campus Portal web page. This should be used as the primary resource for students, staff and faculty, since detailed will be included in this location.
- Cohort-based online classes are canceled on a class-by-class basis.
- The university will notify local media stations (including KARE channel 11; WCCO channel 4; KSTP channel 5 as well as WCCO Radio (AM830) and KTIS Radio (FM 98.5FM) regarding closings or cancellations. Please be reminded that we cannot control how rapidly these media locations update their announcements.
- Use the E2 campus notification that is available for text message announcements. Sign up at http://concordia.csp.edu/Security/E2Campus/Index%20Page.html
Last modified: January 25, 2018