The Graduate Appeals Committee
Appointed by the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Graduate Studies, the Graduate Appeals Committee will hear the appeal and review all relevant documents. The AVP may request additional documentation from the student and/or other departments within the University. The Graduate Appeals Committee will consist of the AVP for Graduate Studies, the registrar, the AVP for Graduate Enrollment, a member from the Graduate Policies Committee, and a Collegiate Dean. This committee will review all academic disqualification appeals for graduate students.
- Graduate students may appeal decisions made by program faculty or
administrators regarding disqualification, re-admission, grade change, or academic integrity regarding entry into a program, continuation in a program, or questions that may arise as a result of a candidate’s academic performance in a program.
- Steps for making an appeal (re-admission, grade course change, or academic
- Student submits completed Appeal of Academic Dishonesty Graduate Form to the Dean’s Office.
- The Dean reviews the form and determines if appeal should be granted based on stated reason for appeal.
- If Request for Appeal is denied, the Dean will email the student with reason for denial.
- If Request` for Appeal is approved, the Dean will email the student and follow-up.
- If denied, the student may appeal the decision to the Graduate Appeals Committee.
- Submit appeal to the Associate Vice-President for Graduate Studies (AVP-GS) for consideration by the Graduate Academic Appeals Committee.
- If Request for Appeal is denied, the AVP-GS will email the student with reason for denial.
- If Request for Appeal is approved, the AVP-GS will email the student and follow-up.
- Final Appeal Option
- If denied, the student may appeal a final time to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. If appeal is denied, the student can appeal the decision a final time to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs will review the case and email the student of decision and reason.
- No further appeals are allowed after this decision.
Last modified: January 25, 2018