A. Each program shall require the following:
1. Documentation of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution (e.g., Higher Learning Commission) or nationally accredited institutions
recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S.
Department of Education (e.g., Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and
Schools) and transcripts from any institution attended since baccalaureate.
a. Applicants who are within one month or in their last course of completing
their baccalaureate degree, may petition the respective graduate
program chair for provisional admittance to a graduate program.
b. If the baccalaureate degree is not completed as stipulated in the
approved petition, the student will be dismissed from the program at the
end of the course in which the student is currently enrolled.
2. An overall G.P.A. of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale.
3. An application and prescribed tuition prepayment.
4. Provisional Acceptance: Students who don’t meet minimum admission
criteria may be admitted on a provisional basis with the approval of the
Graduate Admission Committee.
a. Doctoral students will begin the program on academic probation and
will be dismissed from the program if they do not meet the 3.0 GPA
standard the first semester.
B. Potential students in post-graduate programs at Concordia University must be
interviewed by the Program Director or an appointed designee, prior to admittance into the program. The interview should be in person and completed far enough in advance to permit the normal application process enough time to proceed to its conclusion. The following are to be a part of the interview:
1. Ensure that the potential student’s GPA is at least 3.25 in a master’s
degree program from a regionally accredited academic institution.
2. Review the application form to discuss or clarify any information as
3. Review transcripts to determine which (if any) credits would transfer
into the program.
4. Review professional recommendations and discuss any
5. Discuss prior administrative experiences.
6. Discuss professional goals.
7. Review program requirements.
Based on the personal interview, application materials, and professional
recommendations: , this student:
_ This student is recommended for the credential program.
_ This student is not recommended for the credential program.
Date: _________________________(Program Director)
C. The DPT program requires set prerequisite courses, clinical observation hours, the GRE, and an interview as part of its application process.
D. Additional requirements for specific programs will be outlined in the program handbook.
Last modified: March 15, 2018