A First Report of Injury form must be completed and returned to the Human Resources Department as soon as possible following any work related accident or injury.
The supervisor should:
- Ensure that the injured employee receives necessary medical attention. Complete a “First Report of Injury” form and hand-deliver it to the Human Resources Department immediately following the injury.
- Be familiar with the circumstances surrounding the injury.
- Maintain contact with the injured employee, and keep the department head informed.
- Work with the Human Resources Department to identify transitional job duties for the employee when appropriate.
- Keep in contact with the Human Resources Department to report any change in the status of the injured employee.
Last modified: January 29, 2018