Employee Use of University Property
CSP will provide employees with the equipment needed to do their job. This equipment should be used primarily for University-related tasks.
CSP assumes no risk for any loss or damage to personal property and recommends that all employees have personal insurance policies covering the loss of personal property left at the office. Personal items on University property (including all facilities and parking areas) are subject to investigation and review when there is reason to assume that a violation of law or policy has occurred.
CSP assumes no responsibility for the personal property of employees including when such property is used in the course of job-related activities. Theft and damage are often covered under homeowners or tenants insurance, and if not presently covered, they may be included by requesting an endorsement from your insurance agent.
- Identifying employees of CSP
- Accessing buildings and parking lots on the CSP campus
- Using copier and printer services
- Acting as a debit card for various campus services
- Obtaining free or reduced admission for employees to CSP events
- Receiving MERSC discounts
Employee ID Card Issuance
- Regular faculty & staff
- Temporary faculty & staff who work on the CSP campus
- Third-party workers who work in an official capacity on the CSP campus
- Summer seasonal employees who are not students of CSP
- Former faculty members recognized by the Board of Regents as Emeriti Faculty
- Current members of the Board of Regents & President’s Cabinet
Supervisor’s ResponsibilityIt is the responsibility of the supervisor to notify ID Card Services in the event that a CSP employee requires additional access to perform the job. In addition, supervisors should notify ID Card Services in the event of access changes.
When and How to Wear ID
Office and Classroom based EmployeesEmployees (regular, temporary and summer) and affiliated third-party workers working in the office or classroom environment should observe the following guidelines:
- ID cards should be displayed while on the CSP campus and working in an official capacity
- The CSP ID card should be worn at belt level or above, and in a manner to make it completely visible
- When off campus and acting as a representative of CSP, employees are encouraged to wear their CSP name badge but are not required to display the CSP ID card
- The CSP name badge may be worn in addition to the CSP ID card
Plant Staff, Coaching Staff, and Hand in Hand Child Care WorkersPlant, coaching and Hand in Hand child care staff should observe the following guidelines:
- ID cards should be carried on your person while on the CSP campus and working in an official capacity
- The CSP ID should be worn whenever possible (in the manner stated above) but may be removed for safety considerations at the discretion of the employee
Student EmployeesStudent Employees are required to wear their Student CSP ID while working on the CSP campus and in an official capacity for CSP.
Display of CardsID Card Services will issue a plastic ID card at the start of employment. Student employees may obtain a lanyard or name badge style holder from their supervisor at the start of employment. Additional styles of lanyards are available for purchase at the CSP Bookstore.
CSP name badges are available for regular and temporary employees of CSP. CSP name badges are an important part of identifying yourself as an employee of CSP and member of the campus community. Name badges may be worn in addition to the CSP ID card. Name badges should be worn while off campus and representing CSP in an official capacity.
Terminating employees must relinquish their CSP Name Badge at the end of their employment with CSP.
The Security Department has responsibility for the distribution and collection of keys on campus. A requisition for keys must be made in writing to the Security Department. The order must include the department chair or supervisor’s signature, exact location for which keys are needed, how many keys for each area are to be made, and the name of the person to whom the keys are to be issued.
CSP key policy specifies that employees must return their keys prior to receiving their final paycheck. (For more specific information, see CSP key control policy, available in the Security Department.)
Any CSP property issued to employees, such as computer equipment, keys, parking passes or company credit card must be returned to CSP at the time of termination. Employees will be responsible for any lost or damaged items.