The Board of Regents met for its quarterly meeting on July 28. At the meeting, the Board received a report from President Brian Friedrich detailing a number of items, including a review of the theme for the 2022-23 academic year (“God so Loved the World”), a recap and discussion about the Kanahoma project, and updates on the work of the LCMS 7-03 Task Force and Concordia University System institutions.
President Friedrich, along with Drs. Eric LaMott and Michael Dorner, presented the findings from the Higher Learning Commission assurance process, which demonstrated CSP’s strengths as an institution. Dr. LaMott was joined by Ann Voda of Bentz Thompson Rietow, Inc. for a presentation on CSP’s master facility plan for the St. Paul campus.
Chief Diversity Officer Mychal Thom shared about the work he has done during his first year at CSP and how CSP seeks to fulfill its mission and live out its promise through the diversity strategic plan.
The Board received updates from the Executive, Academic, Advancement, and Finance Committees. Finally, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved Jacob Trippel as a tenure track faculty and chair of MBA program
- Reappointed Dr. David Bell as a Regent (2022-2025)
- Disbanded the Advancement Committee
- Established a Governance Committee
- Endorsed the revised President’s Advisory Council Charter (which will carry the functions of the Advancement Committee moving forward)
The Board meets again on September 30, 2022.