People and behaviors are an important part of any data security program in an organization. Your effort to protect your accounts and passwords is so important. Recently, a report was generated on the public data breaches of 2020. The report created by Verizon cited 85% of those data breaches had a human component to them. They found most data breaches occur because of phishing, lost or stolen credentials, using insecure credentials, human error, misuse, and even malware that has to be clicked then downloaded. We ask you as CSP community members to stay diligent in protecting our organization. Here are a few reminders on ways to safely use technology:
- Never share your passwords with anyone else
- Make sure you are using different passwords for different sites
- Always confirm the origin of the e-mails that you receive.
- Never click on a link that looks suspicious.
- Use Multifactor authentication whenever possible.
Your work is so important to the health of Concordia University, St. Paul. Thank you for your work in protecting the data of CSP.