Due to closure of campus for Covid-19, Daily Morning chapels are being live-streamed online at their regular times on our CSP Ministry Facebook Page.
Devotional life is an important part of the campus life at Concordia, St. Paul. We have chapel opportunities taking place Monday through Friday. Chapel is a time for the community to gather around Scripture, song, prayer, and devotional thoughts from various members of our campus community or invited guests. Chapel at CSP includes a variety of styles and practices that are observed throughout the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Various choirs and ensembles offer music throughout the year in chapel, as well as theatre and dance contributions. Holy Communion is celebrated in chapel on festival occasions. Students, faculty, staff, and guests are welcome to attend chapel services.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 10:30am
Tuesday & Thursday – 11:10am
A Typical Week in Chapel
Chapel times include a variety of forms, orders, and leaders. It is our goal that the beautiful diversity of our campus community and its gifts can be represented in chapel. To reach that goal of variety and involvement, our weekly order will not always be the same, but generally, some common themes can be expected. No matter the form or the leader, though, we will always gather around the Gospel of Christ as found in the Holy Scriptures.
- Monday – service of the Word and song
- Tuesday – service of the Word and song
- Wednesday – Convocations, Communion, and other orders
- Thursday – A rotation of traditional orders of Matins, Morning Prayer, and Celtic Daily Prayer often accompanied by the Jubilate Choir
- Friday – service of the Word and song
Questions about morning chapel? Would you like to get involved or help out? Contact the team!
Evening ChapelEvening chapels are student-led devotional times on campus that range from very quiet and contemplative to full band leading contemporary music and everything in between. You are welcome to join us for any and all evening chapels to end your day with thanksgiving to God and hear about his love for you. If you’d like to help with evening chapel, contact the team or the student leaders leading the services.
- Compline – Monday at 10pm. It is a traditional, peaceful worship liturgy to celebrate the closing of the day.
- Taize / Contemplative – Tuesday at 10pm. It is a contemplative, reflective time of worship where Scripture is read and sung. This service often includes a time of reflective silence for prayer.
- 908 – Wednesday at 9:08pm. 908 is a time of contemporary worship including a worship band, student or guest speakers, and prayer time.
- Holden Evening Prayer – Thursday at 10pm. It is a beautiful piano-led service of singing and prayer.