The Concordia University, St. Paul PowerPoint templates are customized based on Concordia University’s brand and identity. You can download this template to your computer for teaching and administrative presentations. To be able to install these templates in your Microsoft PowerPoint application, you will need to follow these steps (Office 2007 and 2010):
- Download the PowerPoint template file (potx) and save it to your desktop
- Copy the template file from your desktop to the template folder under your profile.
- Your profile folder depends on the Operating System:
- Windows 7 and Vista : “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\”
- Windows XP : “C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Templates”
NOTE: Make sure to replace UserName in the previous folder names with your own username.
NOTE: You must be an Administrator on the computer you are using in order to install the template files.
NOTE: On Mac, the templates folder is “Applications folder/Microsoft Office/Templates/My Templates”
To start using the new template:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint Application
- From the File tab, choose New and then click on My Templates and you will see any saved templates listed there.
- Once you have selected a template, you can save it as a Theme. From the Design tab, click the dropdown arrow to display all the themes, then click Save Current Theme. Give it a name and from then on, it will be available among the other themes.
If you have any problems loading or using this PowerPoint Template, please contact the Concordia University Technology Help Desk