As our main form of communication in the information age, email is one of the easiest ways to communicate Concordia’s brand to others. This includes current and prospective students, alumni, donors, vendors, and many others in our community. Anyone that receives an email from someone with a csp.edu address expects a level of professionalism in its presentation, and a email signature helps to communicate Concordia’s excellence. Therefore, it is important that the email signature is not altered in a way that would dilute or compromise the brand of Concordia St. Paul. This includes the alteration or addition of colors, fonts, text sizes, or images. However, there are in some cases acceptable additions to the signature, depending on position or department. If you have any questions about your CSP email signature, please contact University Marketing & Communications.
Every csp.edu email signature must include the following:
- Responsive. Relevant. Real.
- Full Name
- Academic Department or Office
- Concordia Logo
- Office Phone
- Links to University-sponsored webpages and social media channels
- All links must be attached to text; no links should be typed out.
- Cell phone numbers
- Advancement related buttons, such as “give now”
- Office location
- Links to any personal social media channels
- Links to any personal websites, including blogs
- Any images, including headshots, non-CSP logos, or photos of cats.
- Personal quotes
- Links to any websites not affiliated with Concordia St. Paul
- Social media icons (they tend to break when viewed in different email platforms)
- Non-standard fonts
Instructions for applying the CSP email signature
An image of how the email signature should display is shown above. When applying the CSP email signature, the text should only be copied and pasted, never typed out. If you do not yet have the CSP email signature applied, ask a co-worker to email it to you, where you can then copy it and apply it in your preferred email client.
Instructions for adding an email signature in Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File tab. Click Options.
- Click Mail.
- In the Compose messages section at the very top, click the Signatures button.
- Either select Delete, New or just highlight a signature and edit.When you are finished, click OK until you are out.
Instructions for adding an email signature in Google Apps Webmail
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- Enter your new signature text in the box at the bottom of the page next to the Signature option.
- Click Save Changes.