- SHRM Basics for Effective Interviews
- SHRM Opening and Closing Helpful Questions
- Staff Search Process
- University Hiring Process
- Employee Onboarding Guide
- Onboarding Student Employees
- Faculty/ Staff Job Description Template
Concordia utilizes a distributed hiring model. This model allows for a specially-appointed search committee to recruit and hire the best possible faculty and staff.
As the decision to hire individuals onto Concordia’s employee roster has far reaching consequences, a system of checks and balances has been devised to guide representatives of the University in making the right decision.
Setting up Resources for a New Faculty or Staff Member
Also know as an “L” number or Banner ID. Concordia IDs are created for new employees when HR receives the Staff Payroll Authorization or the Faculty Appointment Request. This information is communicated via email to the supervisor and members of the campus community. A Concordia ID must be created before any other campus resources can be granted for a new employee.
CSP Connect Access
CSP Connect Access is set up automatically when the campus is notified about the employee. Computers (network access, email, WebCT, laptops), desktop computer access, issuing of a laptop, getting email, and setting up Banner client permissions is coordinated with the IT Help Desk.
University Identification Card and Key Access
University ID Cards are created at Card Services in the campus security office, located in Meyer Hall 124
Contact Information: email@example.com; 651-641-8788.
Keys and ID cards can be requested by completing the ID Card and Key Request Form
The ID Card also acts as a library card.
Name Inserts for your office or cubical can be obtained through the Office Sign Request Form.
Setting up Resources for a Student Employee
- Student Payroll Authorization for Academic Year 2017/18
- Summer Seasonal Payroll_Authorization 2018
- Student Employee Background Screen Form
- Student Position Numbers by Department
New Student Employee Paperwork
- Student Direct Deposit Form
- Employee Handbook Acknowledgement_Student
- Student Employee Confidentiality Statement