Installing a printer on a faculty/staff laptop
- Go to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- At the top, click Add a Printer.
- Not all printers show in the list. If it does not, please see below.
- Select the printer you want and click Next.
- You may or may not need to install the printer driver. Just click Install Driver.
- Close the window.
If the printer is not listed:
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed below the printer list.
- Select option 2 (Select a shared printer by name) if it isn’t already.
- Type in the follow to see a list of all network printers: \\print\
- Select the printer you want, click Next.
- May or may not need to install the driver.
- Click Next and select Set as the default printer if it is their main printer.
- Click Finish.