Do people mispronounce your name?
Help us make sure we say yours correctly at your commencement ceremony!
If people usually mispronounce your name, we invite you to send an email to email@example.com by Monday, April 29 with either a written phonetic spelling or an audio file to help us get it right.
Phonetic Spelling Written Directions
Try writing your name in phonetic style as below and ask someone to read it to ensure it’s correct.
- David Baranowski– (David Ba-ra-nof-ski)
- Jane Liley– (Jane Ligh-lee – rhymes with highly)
- Pei-Ling Huang– (Pay-Lyn Hu-ang)
- Ravish Shekaraiah– (Raveesh Shek-ra-ja)
- Shik Nasser Bin Hamad Al-Fahd — (SHAYK NAH-sehr bihn HAH-mahd al FAHD)
Audio File Directions
1. Open “Voice Notes” or “Voice Memos” on your phone
2. Record your name as you would like it to be read. Speak slowly and repeat at least twice
3. Save the voice file in your phone as “Last name, First name”
4. Attach the saved voice memo and send to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please include your name and L# in this message
Video File Directions
1. Open Camera and select Videos on your phone
2. Record yourself saying your name as you would like it to be read. Speak slowly and repeat at least twice
3. Save the video file in your phone as “Last name, First name”
4. Attach the video recording and send to email@example.com . Please include your name and L# in this message
Page Updated: 4/10/19