Welcome to the Ignite Leadership Development Program page! This program is offered for all undergraduate students and is designed to ignite their leadership potential, fuel their passion, and transform young adults into impactful leaders. All undergraduate Concordia students are welcome and encouraged to participate!
The Ignite Leadership Program is a comprehensive education series offered for Concordia students. The program offers two levels, Ignite and the Impact. Each level challenges students to become stronger and more well-rounded leaders. The program provides trainings, workshops, and service activities in order to strengthen and enhance every student’s specific leadership style.
A total of 35 points are needed to complete the program. Students will receive completion of the Ignite Leadership Program on their official transcript.
- Fall Leadership Retreat
- 1 self-awareness workshop
- 20 hours of service learning (minimum 15 hours off campus)
- Program Electives (points range from 2-10 per elective event)
- 8 points of cultural awareness workshops or events
- Monthly leadership workshops
Once students complete the Ignite level, they are eligible to continue on with the program in the Impact level. The goal of Impact is to take the leadership skills they have gained in Ignite and implement them on Concordia’s campus.
- Fulfill a senior leadership role
- Attend an additional 25 points in events
- Organize and facilitate an Ignite Workshop
After completing Impact, students will work one-on-one with the Leadership Development Graduate Intern to put together a leadership portfolio that can be used for future interviews.
Benefits of getting involved with the program:
- Access to on- and off- campus leadership opportunities
- Opportunity to collaborate with other student leaders
- Looks impressive on your resume
- Leadership retreat
- Service opportunities
- Gain cultural competency
- Indentify your leadership style and gain self-awareness
- Personal and professional development opportunities
For more information about the leadership program, please email us at: CALL@csp.edu
The Ignite program was designed by Executive Vice President and Dean of Diversity, Cheryl Chatman, Vice President of Student Services, Miriam Luebke, Associate Vice President of Student Life, Jason Rahn, and CALL Center Director, Kelly Matthias.