Concordia University St. Paul’s Comet’s Cupboard is for students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Comet’s Cupboard partners with Second Harvest Heartland, a non-profit that distributes large amounts of donated food to a variety of organizations and programs that directly serve clients. Click here for more information on Second Harvest Heartland.
Monday & Thursday 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Stop by 3rd floor of the Winget Student Life Center. Use the door to the dining hall (facing the Hand in Hand playground) OR for an accessible entrance use Poehler Administration building main entrance. (Enter the front door, use the security box on the right side, dial 0 on the security box to the right to be let in)
Email email@example.com for questions.
Hunger Solutions put together resources, see the links below:
- Meals for kids during COVID-19 closings: http://www.hungersolutions.org/2020/03/16/meals-for-kids-during-covid-19-closings/
- 5 ways to help food shelves during COVID-19: http://www.hungersolutions.org/2020/03/16/5-ways-to-help-food-shelves-during-covid-19/
CSP’s Comet’s Cupboard is available to Concordia students, faculty, staff, alumni, or their dependents at no cost. No proof of income or need is necessary to visit the Comet’s Cupboard. Everyone is welcome to visit and take what they need.
- Comet’s Cupboard is staffed from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Monday and Thursday. Stop by 3rd floor of the Winget Student Life Center to pick up your groceries.
- If you need to grab groceries outside of the open hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment
- Entrance – Use the door to the dining hall (facing Hand in Hand playground) OR for an accessible entrance use Poehler Administration building main entrance (enter the front door and dial 0 on the security box to the right to be let in)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Frozen Beef
- Boxed Dinners (Mac-n-Cheese, Ramen, etc.)
- Apple Sauce
- Cereal & Oatmeal
- Pancake Mix
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Canned Veggies
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce
- Canned Fruit
- Granola Bars
Schedule an appointment:
Appointments are not available at this time. Click the link to book an appointment! Appointments are 15 minutes. Bring your Concordia ID.
Make a Food Donation to the Concordia Comet’s Cupboard
Non-Perishable items are accepted. Donations are accepted at any time in the Community Action, Leadership, & Learning (CALL) Center office (located in Meyer Hall, off of the tunnel). For larger donations, or if you have any questions, please call to schedule a drop-off time at (651) 641-8261 or email email@example.com. Below is a list of the most needed items:
- Canned Fruit
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned chicken
- Ready made meals to heat up (easy mac, ramen etc.)
- Breakfast foods (cereal, oatmeal, granola bars)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Feminine Products
Make a Monetary Donation to the Concordia Comet’s Cupboard
Because the Comet’s Cupboard purchases food from Second Harvest, your dollar buys up to five times as much food when you donate cash rather than groceries. Mail monetary donations to the CALL Center, Concordia University Food Shelf, 1282 Concordia Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55104 – Make checks payable to Concordia University Food Shelf.