If you are a department chair or dean, you can also access these materials in the Google Team Drive > Assessment & Accreditation Resources > Program Review.
Annual Program Review
- Focuses on enrollment, retention, and other administrative data from the previous academic year, as well as assessment of learning data.
- Completed as part of your Department’s Annual Report.
- Annual Report includes what was formerly the Annual Assessment Report.
- Due June 15 of each year.
2018 Annual Report Template: Use this template for completing your department’s Annual Report in 2018.
Argos Data Access: Access the Argos reports that have been set up for Annual Report data.
Comprehensive Program Review
- Conduct every five years
- Affirm alignment with University mission and promise
- Enhance department/program-level quality
- Strengthen preparation of students
- Assure relevant curriculum
- Maximize resources
- Spur innovative thinking
- Meet challenges with new initiatives
- Inform University strategic plan
Comprehensive Program Review Steps (download)
- The Academic Department completes the CPR according to the most recent template provided by Office of Assessment & Accreditation.
- The Academic Department provides the completed report to its Review Panel (external professional from discipline/field; faculty member from different CSP department; the College Dean).
- The Review Panel provides feedback to the Department by means of a written report or rubric. The Panel and/or external evaluator may also provide consultation during the review process.
- The Department creates a single PDF document of the CPR, Appendices, and Review Panel Report and uploads to the Google Team Drive folder designated for completed CPRs.
- The Department completes its portion of the “Department-Dean Response to Review Panel and Action Steps” document and forwards to the Dean. This step provides an opportunity for the department to reply to the panel’s review and to outline specific steps planned to meet goals.
- The Dean completes their portion of the “Department-Dean Response to Review Panel and Action Steps” document and forwards to the VPAA.
- The VPAA reviews the “Department-Dean Response to Review Panel and Action Steps” document and brings it to the Academic Cabinet for review and finalization of recommendations.
- The Academic Cabinet completes the “Academic Cabinet Response to Review and Action Plan” document and responds to the Department.
- The VPAA reports recommendations to the Academic Subcommittee of the Board of Regents.
Comprehensive Program Review Outline 3.0 (Word): Use this outline and the prompts to complete your CPR.
CPR Project Plan: Complete this Plan and submit to your Dean to nominate your review panel members and outline your steps to CPR completion. Please complete before August 31 in the year preceding the CPR due date.
External Evaluator Qualifications: The panel review member from outside CSP must meet the qualifications outlined here.
Review Panel Feedback Rubric: You may decide to have your panel use this rubric in their review and feedback to your department. You may also decide to use another format for the panel’s review.
Syllabus Review Rubric: Use this rubric to evaluate and benchmark the quality of the syllabi in your programs.
Blackboard Exemplary Course Rubric: You may use this evaluation tool to review the online courses among your offerings.
SUNY Online Course Rubric: You may use this evaluation tool to review the online courses among your offerings.
Chico Online Course Rubric: You may use this evaluation tool to review the online courses among your offerings.
Bloom’s Taxonomy Revised with Action Verbs: Use this resource to evaluate the quality and expectations of your program learning outcomes.
Analysis of Instructor/Course Evals: These are instructions for department chairs on how to access and analyze in aggregate form the evaluations for courses.