Election Process and Forms
General Criteria for Nomination
Candidate's Statement Form
Term of Office
Attributes and Skill Sets Recommended for Potential Nominees
Opportunities and Benefits for CSP Student Chapter Board
General Criteria for Nomination:
- SHRM Members who are students or alumni of Concordia St. Paul are eligible to stand for election;
- Self-nominations may be submitted by a SHRM member in good standing
- Nominees must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States;
- A written statement of consent to stand for election and commitment to support the mission and goals of SHRM (included on the Candidate's Statement Form) are required, as is a candidate statement. This candidate statement will be published and distributed to members via e-mail.
Term of Office:
The terms of office for the elections have been determined as follows:
- President - 1 year, followed by six months as a member of the alumni advisory committee
- Vice President - 1 year
- Secretary/Treasurer - 1 year
Attributes and Skill Sets Recommended for Potential Nominees:
The President and Vice President positions on the CSP Chapter Board require either experience or interest in human resources and possess the following attributes: accountable; open-minded and objective; knowledgeable; experienced with or willing to learn about governance and the role of the Student Chapter; the ability to make decisions; a broad perspective; and the following: leadership skills; integrity, good communication skills; good time management and organization skills; and consensus-building skills.
Opportunities and Benefits for CSP Student Chapter Board:
A position on the CSP Student Chapter Board will provide individuals with the opportunity to serve as key leaders; policy-makers for the student chapter, to help develop programs and services that will provide value to members of the Student Chapter and to play a role in developing goals and objectives for the Student Chapter within the context of SHRM's strategic priority areas. A role in the Student Chapter will also provide individuals with opportunities to expand their horizons both professionally and personally. Chapter board members will meet approximately every month. Student Board members will also need to be prepared to sit on Committees and Task Forces as required.